The Leader Local Asphalt Shingle Roofers in Rochester
You see asphalt shingle roofing on most houses in Rochester because it’s the most common and affordable option. It makes a great choice for a sturdy, reliable roof. There are a wide variety of style and color options within the asphalt roofing category. Our team will show you the choices that fit your budget and desired look.
Carter Roofing & Exteriors is the Rochester roofing contractor committed to providing only the best when it comes to asphalt shingle roofing. We’ll assist you every step of the way. You can feel confident and rest easy knowing that our team will produce the highest quality work. You are going to love your new roof!
Call us today to schedule a free consultation. We also offer metal roofing services.
Brands We Work With
Carter Roofing & Exteriors is part of an elite group of contractors. We are GAF certified and Owens Corning Preferred, as well as certified IKO and Certainteed installers. That means we are fully qualified to install roofing systems and components from the world’s leading manufacturers of roofing products. We are proud to be trusted by the best brand manufacturers to bring you the highest quality roofs.
Types of Asphalt Shingle Roofs We Install
There are three types of asphalt shingles to consider: three-tab asphalt shingles, architectural, and premium asphalt shingles.
Three-tab Asphalt Shingles
Three-tab is the most common type of asphalt shingles. You can easily identify them by their unique cutouts which look like three separate pieces. Our customers love the affordability, easy maintenance, energy efficiency, and lightweight material. This popular roofing style lasts up to 20 years.
Architectural Asphalt Shingles
If curb appeal is high on your priority list, architectural shingles are a great choice. They come in more colors than three-tab asphalt shingles, are laminated, and add a more defined, structural look to your roof. You can opt for reflective options that will offset high summer cooling costs. Architectural asphalt shingles last a little bit longer than three-tab and luxury shingles, about 25-30 years.
Luxury Asphalt Shingles
With a name like that, you can tell these shingles are the best of the best. They are designed to mimic the look of high-end cedar or slate roofing but at a fraction of the cost.
The Pros and Cons of Asphalt Shingle Roofing
When making your decision about the type of roofing you prefer, there will be pros and cons. It’s best to know what to expect.
Pros of Asphalt Shingles
- Affordability: With proper installation and maintenance, a quality roof doesn’t have to break the bank. We even offer financing options to make the cost easier on your wallet.
- Color Variety: These shingles come in a wide range of colors ranging from neutral to bold. Depending on how much you want to spend, you can even choose asphalt shingle roofing that mimics the look of wood or slate.
- Simple Installation: Asphalt shingle roof repairs are simple and cost-effective. New shingles can sometimes be installed on top of existing shingles in less than a day. With proper maintenance, your asphalt shingle roofing will last up to 20 years.
Cons of Asphalt Shingles
- Not Environmentally Friendly: Asphalt shingles can’t be recycled or reused. Since they have the shortest lifespan of all roof types, they cause a lot of waste.
- Susceptible to Weather: Wide-ranging temperatures and extreme weather, like hail, tornadoes, and wind, can cause cracks, loosening, and warping of some asphalt shingle types.